I am interested in processing-microstructure–properties relationships studies of high temperature superconductors.
I am currently studying two high temperature superconductors, Bi2Sr2CaCu2Ox (Bi2212) and YBa2Cu3Ox (YBCO). I have been trying to understand processing-microstructure–properties relationships and to enhance the superconductivity properties through different mechanism in each of these materials. SEM, TEM, STEM, SQUID, DTA, TGA, XRD, XPS, SIMS-TOF and cryogenic transport set up are the main characterization tools that I have been using in my research. I really enjoy my research journey since these high temperature superconductors have amazing microstructure features and physical properties to study. I’m in love with high temperature superconductors because they are extraordinary challenging. I love taking on challenges because it makes me feel like I’m doing something productive and useful. I have completed my PhD in July 2014 and continued my scientific journey as a postdoc in the same group.
- G. Naderi and J. Schwartz, “Multiscale studies of processing-microstructure-transport relationships in over- pressure processed Bi2Sr2CaCu2Ox/Ag multifilamentary round wire”, Submitted to Superconductor Science and Technology, July 2014.
- G. Naderi and J. Schwartz, ” On the roles of of Bi2Sr2CuOx intergrowths in Bi2Sr2CaCu2Ox/Ag round wires: c-axis transport and magnetic flux pinning”, Applied Physics Letters 104 (15), 152602, 2014.[Reseled in news media under the title of “Impurity Size Affects Performance of Emerging Superconductive Material”].
- G. Naderi, X. Liu, W. Nachtrab, and J. Schwartz, “Understanding processing–microstructure–properties relationships in Bi2Sr2CaCu2Ox /Ag round wires and enhanced transport through saw-tooth processing,” Superconductor Science and Technology, vol. 26, p. 105010, 2013. [FEATURED ARTICLE APEARED AS JOURNAL FRONT COVER IMAGE]
- B. Callaway, G. Naderi, Q. Le, and J. Schwartz,”Statistical analysis of the relationship between electrical transport and filament microstructure in multifilamentary Bi2Sr2CaCu2Ox/Ag/Ag-Mg”, Accepred in Superconductor Science and Technology, Oct. 2013. [E.B. Callaway, G. Naderi CONTRIBUTED EQUALLY TO THIS WORK]
- S. Ishmael, H. Luo, M. White, F.Hunte, X. T. Liu, N. Mandzy, J. F. Muth, G. Naderi, L.Ye, A. T. Hunt, and J. Schwartz, “Enhanced Quench Propagation in Bi2Sr2CaCu2Ox and YBa2Cu3O7−x Coils via a Nanoscale Doped-Titania-Based Thermally Conducting Electrical Insulator,” IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, vol. 23, 2013. [APPEARED AS JOURNAL FRONT COVER IMAGE]
- J. Schwartz, F. Hunte, W. Chan, X. Gou, X. Liu, M. Phillips, Q. Le, G. Naderi, M. Turenne, and L. Ye, “Status of high temperature superconductor based magnets and the conductors they depend upon,” arXiv:1108.1634v1, physics.acc-ph, 1108.1634, 2011.
- G. Naderi, H. R. Rezaie, S. Ali, R. Naghizadeh, and S. Atashgar, “The effect of talc on the reaction sintering, microstructure and physical properties of Al2TiO5 based ceramics,” Journal of Ceramic Processing Research, vol. 10, pp. 16-20, 2009.
- A. Shokuhfar, M. Samani, N. Naserifar, P. Heidary, and G. Naderi, “Prediction of physical properties of Al2TiO5‐based ceramics containing micro and nano size oxide additives by using artificial neural network,” Materialwissenschaft und Werkstofftechnik, vol. 40, pp. 169-177, 2009.
- G. Naderi, H. R. Rezaie, A. Shokuhfar, and R. Naghizadeh, “Effect of Colloidal Silica and Nano Boehmite Mixture on Reaction Sintering, Microstructure and Physical Properties of Tialite,” Defect and Diffusion Forum, vol. 273, pp. 554-559, 2008.
- G. Naderi, A. Shokuhfar, H. R. Rezaie, R. Naghizadeh, and T. Shokuhfar, “Effect of Micron and Nano Size Oxide Material Additives on Reaction Sintering, Micro Structural and Physical Properties of Al2TiO5 Based Ceramics,” Materials Science Forum, vol. 553, pp. 266-272, 2007.